Southport Island Getaway: August 28–31, 2022
Maximum Rooms: 10 rooms (double occupancy)
$1,595 includes 1-Double Occupancy Room
Enjoy a three-night getaway to Southport Island at the Newagen Seaside Inn, where panoramic ocean views, locally-sourced dining, warm welcomes, and exceptional service await you. Sunday evening, enjoy a cocktail reception with your fellow adventurers. Spend your days walking along the coastline or relaxing in Adirondack chairs overlooking the expansive lawns to the sea. Newagen is just minutes from Boothbay Harbor where you can explore, shop and dine. End your trip with other Down East Adventurers at a classic lobster bake featuring fresh Maine lobsters, mussels, sweet corn on the cob and Maine potatoes, steamed in seaweed right on the Maine coast specially catered by our hosts the Newagen Seaside Inn.
This getaway includes:
- 3 Night Double Occupancy Accommodations at the Newagen Seaside Inn
- Breakfast Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning
- Cocktail Reception for two
- Lobster Bake for two
- All amenities at Newagen Seaside Inn
More about Newagen Seaside Inn: Newagen Seaside Inn is nestled on 20 acres of pristine oceanfront property, at the tip of Southport Island. Panoramic ocean views, locally-sourced dining, warm welcomes and exceptional service await you. Minutes away from Boothbay Harbor, the Southport, Maine hotel is perfect for a relaxing coastal getaway. Each room, suite, and cottage features incredible natural light and stunning views of Cape Newagen and the Atlantic Ocean. The expansive property encourages everyone to unplug and enjoy an outdoor adventure. There is never a shortage of things to do in Boothbay Harbor and Newagen Seaside Inn is only a short drive away from it all.
Each room has unique décor with a king bed, large bathroom with shower/tub, air conditioning, television, a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. French doors open to your private deck with sunrise views across the rolling green lawn to Cape Newagen Harbor. Guests enjoy access to all of the Inn’s amenities.
Activities at Newagen Seaside Inn
- Rowing: Rowboats are always jostling at the dock, eager to be taken out to sea.
- Tennis: Bring your rackets and see how the sea air strengthens your serve. Two hardcourt tennis courts are always available to guests.
- Bicycling: Explore 20 acres of wooded oceanfront at Newagen and Southport Island on a classic cruiser bicycle, or bring your own bike for longer excursions into Boothbay Harbor and midcoast Maine.
- Nature Trails: From fiddleheads to stately firs, from wildflowers to wildlife, see the Maine coast up close on the family-friendly network of nature trails.
- Candle Pin Bowling: A regional specialty (and more of a challenge than you might think!), candlepin bowling is one of the main attractions of the rustic Pine Room.
- Table Tennis: The Maine camp favorite is another popular Pine Room attraction.
- Billiards: Pine Room billiards table is an ideal way to while away a rainy afternoon or relax after dinner.
- Swimming: Dive into the saltwater pool overlooking the Maine coast.
The payment is 50% refundable in the event you have to cancel, as long as the cancellation is made 21 days before the trip. After that time, your payment is non-refundable. Alternately, 100% of your payment will be refunded if a replacement can be found prior to the trip. However, if, due to state and/or federal COVID-19 policies, a lockdown is still in effect, we will refund 100% or offer credit on a future trip.
COVID: We will continue to evaluate trip cancellations as state and CDC guidance is updated. We will notify all participants immediately if we decide to cancel a trip. All participants will be required to wear a mask and follow social distancing guidelines.